Take a step back in time and enjoy the finest Bourbon in Utah. When you walk in the door you are greeted with the friendly mountain service and a décor so authentic You’ll swear you hear spurs a jingling and horses clomping up and down the street. A great spot for dinner or just drinks but be sure to stop in while you are on vacation. My personal favorite is the American Prairie Reserve try it on the rocks or mixed in one of the High West signature cocktails. Be sure to relax and don’t forget the souvenirs a bottle or a tee shirt make great gifts. Cheers and have a great time!!!
Fall is a wonderful time to be in Park City. Main street is loaded with great dinner specials and sale prices at the shops. You won’t have to worry about a reservation either because it’s pretty relaxed this time of year. The perfect time to come up and enjoy the last of the warm sunshine and view the wonderful changing colors. While visiting and taking advantage of the slow season the Town Point Condominiums feature great properties. The Town Point is right down town within a short walk to all the great shops and restaurants, or in the winter walk to the town lift. For now whether you are out and about or up in the hills when you return to your condo at the town point you can relax on the deck or in your private hot tub you will have one of the best views in town.
Enjoy your stay.
“Colorful Colorado” is the state’s nickname because of its magnificent scenery of mountains, rivers and plains. Colorado also lives up to its nickname when it comes to ski resorts within the state. I had the opportunity to get to know four of its special resorts on a more intimate level over a week’s period this past August.
Keystone and Breckenridge
Keystone and Breckenridge are two fantastic ski resorts located just 12 miles apart from each other but both have their own unique mountain town feel.
Keystone, is a small and cozy mountain resort with expansive views and a family fun nature. I stayed in the Expedition Station building of River Run Village. The views from our spacious three bedroom condo were fantastic and the location was even better. Within a few minute’s walk, I had restaurants, shops and the ski lift right at my finger tips. I did not have a car and never even thought twice about having one as there is a free shuttle that runs throughout the area.
1) Enjoy the warm Colorado sun while paddle boarding or kayaking on Keystone Lake. Cool off and enjoy a drink or dinner at Bighorn Bistro and Bar just across the way.
2) Take the scenic Summit Express Chairlift ride to the top of the mountain to see the most expansive views out towards Breckenridge. Pack a lunch, hike down and finish your amazing day at Kickapoo Tavern.
Breckenridge, is a much larger resort town than Keystone and offers a wide variety of activities. From hiking, biking, eating, shopping, horseback riding and more, Breck has it all! I had the opportunity to experience the Breckenridge Fun Park at Peak 8. The Alpine Slide, Mountain Coaster, maze, rock climbing wall, miniature golf and more, your kid at heart will come alive in no time.
- Take your family to the Fun Park on Peak 8 for a full day of adventure. Lunch is served at Ski Hill grill with options like hamburgers, pizza, sandwiches and more. Head back down to your condo at Mountain Thunder Lodge via the Breck Connect Gondola and cool off in the fantastic on-site pool amongst the pines.
- Spend the day wondering Main Street where you will find shops for all likings and museums showcasing the rich mining history of Breckenridge. Finish your day off with a drink at Burke and Riley’s Irish Pub and dinner at Mi Casa.
Beaver Creek and Vail
Beaver Creek and Vail are another set of ski resorts just west of Keystone and Breckenridge. These two resorts are just a mere 10 miles from each other but once again display their own unique features.
Beaver Creek’s famous slogan is “Not exactly roughing it”. As soon as you exit off the highway you immediately get that sense. Beaver Creek boasts some of the best lodging in the area, from the Westin Riverfront, the Ritz Carlton – Bachelor Gulch, to the Osprey. Not one detail was left out when it comes to lodging in Beaver Creek.
- Start your day off with a light lunch at The Osprey and then take the Strawberry Park Express Lift up to the top of the mountain for a scenic overlook down over the valley. Take advantage of the Frisbee golf park as you hike your way down the mountain. Finish your day with shopping in the Beaver Creek village and happy hour at the Coyote Café.
- Relax by the pool at The Ritz Carlton – Bachelor Gulch and then make your way to the amazing spa where you can melt away any worry in world. Meet your loved one in the coed Jacuzzi grotto to end your spa experience.
Vail, a famous ski resort known around the world for its amazing skiing, shopping, restaurants and culture. Vail will not leave you disappointed. There are two main villages, Vail Village and Lionshead. Both villages are unique in their own way. If you are staying in one village and want to head over to the other, Vail offers a free shuttle that picks up between the two every 15 minutes or less.
- Take your family up the Eagle Bahn Gondola to the top of the mountain where you can enjoy the views and the many activities offered at Vail’s Adventure Ridge (Ziplining, mini golf, pony rides, a ropes course, and more). Take a break while you eat at Talon’s outdoor grill and await your pickup from your Mountain Tour guide. Vail’s Mountain Tour is in an open air vehicle (imagine safari!) on an 11-mile loop through Vail’s famous back bowls. You have the chance to take some of the most incredible pictures as well as see some of the local wildlife including some of the cutest Marmot’s!
- Spend the day wondering around Vail Village and Lionshead. Immerse yourself in all Vail has to offer. Shopping, dining, and more! Get dressed up and head to Montauk Seafood Grill for a fancy dinner while the sound of live jazz floats through the fresh mountain air. End your night in Vail Village at The Shakedown Bar for the best live music, drinks and dancing!
No matter what ski resort in Colorado you chose, you can assure yourself it will not disappoint! Call me to book your next trip to Colorado at 866-289-5320.
I LOVED going to the Fun Park in Breckenridge. Everything from the coaster to the alpine slide to the maze and rock climbing wall was top notch! I stayed at the Double-Tree Inn. Located in town and they were kind enough to shuttle me and my friends around which made it super easy to get to and from town after we had over shopped that day!
Chance here! A true Hillbilly at heart, but after living 15 years on the beach had thought that I had converted to a Beach Bum. However, I just went on a truly eye opening experience that I would recommend to any skier or non-skier like myself. It was my first time to Colorado, and I had the privilege of visiting several areas, such as Breckenridge, Beaver Creek, Keystone, and my favorite Vail (just amazing).
I didn’t realize how busy it would be in the summer with so many visitors and so many activities for every age level, ALL having just an amazing time together . This trip may have changed my mind from heading south this winter to heading back to the mountains of Colorado to see it covered in snow. We shall see? You have to see it at least once in your lifetime!
Colorado is awesome. I had the opportunity to visit Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail, and Beaver Creek this week. It was one of the most enjoyable trips I have ever been on. I’m just going to post a bunch of pics showing how awesome the trip was.
My name is Chuck Nelson and I had the pleasure of visiting beautiful Keystone Resort in Colorado. Although it wasn’t my first trip to CO it was my first experience at this particular resort. I met a group of Vail resorts team leaders and had the opportunity to site tour allot of awesome properties with them.
Of course my personal favorite is where I stayed because I got to experience it first-hand. Vail resorts put me and two of my other co-workers in the Dakota Lodge at River Run Village. The unit was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable, with Flat screens throughout the condo I felt like I was at home. Although it was summer, I could see how great it would be to be there in winter with the Gondola right next to the River Run base area.
The drive from Denver Intl airport to Keystone resort is just about 2 hours depending on weather and traffic. But totally worth every minute. There is 3,148 acres of ski-able terrain, with 20 lifts to service you. Keystone is a more advanced mountain with 57% of its terrain being most difficult. I highly recommend it for people that get a high off of being challenged. The resort has allot to offer from ice skating, tubing, cat tours, snow-shoeing, and of course skiing or riding.
Three things you must know
1) Dining options are very close by so if you don’t feel like cooking in your condo there are other great options.
DER FONDU CHESSEL, KEYSTONE RANCH, SKI TIP LODGE, AND OTHERS CLOSE BY.
2) If you are looking for a great Location among other ski resorts this is it!
Breckenridge is about a 30 minute drive
Vail is about 45 minute drive
Beaver creek is about 60 minute drive
3) This resort is constantly being entertained with live music and concerts so the after skiing fun doesn’t stop!