Top Colorado Destinations this Summer
When it comes to Colorado, many people think it’s a great destination for the winter season because it has great mountains for skiing and snowboarding. What they don’ t tell you, however, is that Colorado also makes the perfect summer getaway, especially for those of you how are outdoorsy and love mountain excursions. Colorado seems to have everything like hiking, biking, outdoor adventure parks, zip lining, alpine slides, golfing, whitewater rafting, great shopping, and world-class cuisine. All that PLUS incredible and scenic views of the Rocky Mountains and all their glory. Check out some of the highlights of our favorite destinations below:
- Known as being “down-to-earth” and very authentic, welcoming both hiking and cowboy boots alike.
- Located close to the Yampa River, perfect for fly fishing trout.
- Routt County offers great rock climbing perfect for beginners and intermediates.
Click here to learn more about Steamboat Springs.
- Known to have one of the most breathtaking valleys in the Rocky Mountains.
- Famous for it’s lively events and festivals: Balloon Festival, Bluegrass Festival, Wine Festival, Yoga Festival, Film Festival, etc.
- Includes several 14,000+ foot peaks, also known as “14ers”.
Click here to learn more about Telluride.
- Commonly known as the mock “European-style” getaway of Colorado.
- Home to some of Colorado’s best luxurious spas, fine dining, and shopping.
- Has three rivers to choose from for whitewater rafting and fishing: The Colorado, Eagle or Arkansas Rivers.
Click here to learn more about Vail.
- Home to the longest alpine slide in the state of Colorado.
- Offers other unique activities such as s’mores by the fire for adults or the GyroExtreme space trainer.
- Has over 600 miles of mountain bike and hiking trails.
Click here to learn more about Winter Park.
The VacationRoost Team