Spring Escape – Sun glass Tan or Goggle Tan…You Choose
Whether you are dreaming of a ski vacation with sunshine and fluffy powder or a beach vacation with white sand and glassy waters, spring is the perfect time to escape. Spring skiing means blue bird days and apres skiing on ski beaches. Spring beach trips means the water is warm for snorkeling and surfing. Spring is also the time of year to find great deals on vacation packages — making it easier for you and your family to take one week to get away from it all. We’ve highlighted events and activities in our top spring destinations so you can start planning your next getaway today.
- March 21 – Sunday, March 23: Jibbin’ for Juniors, a free mini-park for mini-shreds, at Ski Beach
- Saturday, March 22: Pond Skimming Contest & Free Concert with UK Grammy award-winning artists, Steel Pulse (w/ opening act, Cody ChestnuTT)
- March 22: Canyons Western BBQ at Red Pine Lodge
- March 23: Free Concert with The Magic Beans
- March 29: Red Bull Event & Free Concert with Brett Dennen
- March 29: Canyons Western BBQ at Red Pine Lodge
- March 30: Free Concert with The Mother Hips
- March 8 – April 19, 2014: Beaver Creek Loves Kids SpringFest, is a month-long event filled with contests and parades that the whole family will love.
- January – March 29, 2014: Thursday Night Lights, every Thursday children can ski down the runs at dusk and then enjoy a fireworks show.
- Friday’s through April 15, 2014: Disco Skate Night, ski free in the evenings to 70’s music.
- February 21-23, 2014: 39th Annual Wells Fargo Ski Cup, this event brings together world-class disabled ski racers, Denver celebrities, Broncos alumni along with amateur skiers and snowboarders of all abilities for a weekend of activities to benefit the National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD).
- April 20, 2014: Coca-Cola Spring Splash, watch skiers ski through an obstacle course before attempting to cross an icy pond.
- February 13: Winemaker Apres Series
- February 22-23: Youth Snowboard and Ski Snowcross competitions
- March 17-21: TEDActive is a three-day TEDx event
- February 15, 2014: World Whale Day, a free, all-day celebration that honors Maui’s humpback whales with live music, food, exhibits, a parade and more.
- Snorkel in the warm waters of Kapalua beach.
- Practice your surfing at Hamoa beach.
- December – April: Peak whale watching season
- February 24, 2014: Mexican Flag Day, celebrated throughout the country with red, green and white parades and live music
- Explore the beautiful Bay of Banderas, the Pacific Ocean’s largest and deepest inlet.
The VacationRoost Team