Ski Season is Still Going Strong! Bucket List 2012
Spring is around the corner and ski towns are ready to celebrate. Plan your next ski trip for THIS season to enjoy all of the festivities! Check out our bucket list of spring-time activities around the west:
1) Spring Fever Festival in Breckenridge (Mar. 17- Apr. 25 2012)
Celebrate spring snow, bluebird days, and other special events as part of Breck’s Spring Fever Festival. Enjoy the live music, the beer festival, Imperial Challenge, and Easter kid’s activities.
2) Vail Film Festival (Mar. 29- Apr. 1 2012)
Vail Film Institute presents world-premiere films from independents, celebrities, and others. The festival encourages artistic innovation and creative film making.
3) Big Air Fridays in Aspen (Feb. 10- Mar. 30 2012 Fridays)
Athletes and the occasional vacationer show off their newest tricks each Friday for weekly prizes. Big Air Fridays is in its tenth year at Snowmass. Come see the new and progressive tricks off the 40-foot jump on Fanny Hill.
4) Pond Skim in Big Sky (Apr. 14 2012)
Join skiers and riders attempting to skim across a mountain pond wearing outrageous costumes or sit back and watch the mayhem as it happens.
5) Music Under the Tram in Jackson Hole (Mar. 17-Mar. 31 2012 Saturdays)
Festival concert series starts off après-ski every Saturday for the last half of the month of March. First concert also happens to be on St. Patty’s Day–come and celebrate!
6) Colorado’s Largest Easter Egg Hunt at Copper Mountain (Apr. 8 2012)
50,000 eggs including a few special “Copper eggs” are hidden throughout the Center Village. Celebrate this Easter holiday at Copper Mountain!
7) KOTO Street Dance in Telluride (Apr. 6 2012)
Annual après-winter block party held on the last Friday of the ski season. Telluride closes Main St. for live music, dancing, and a beer garden. April 7th is reserved in case of inclement weather.
8) Sprint U.S. Grand Prix in Mammoth Lakes (Feb. 27- Mar. 3 2012)
Come watch as the top snowboarders and freeskiers go big in the halfpipe and slopestyle events. This is a nationally televised winter competition.
9) Steamboat’s 32nd Cardboard Classic (Apr. 14 2012)
Steamboat’s most unique rite of spring event features homemade cardboard creations. Labeling them as sleds would not accurately describe the creative and bizarre designs seen in this funky event.
10) St. Patrick’s Day Pot O’ Gold Hunt in Tahoe (Mar. 17 2012)
Have a blast searching for a Pot O’ Gold either on snowshoes or skis this year. Other St. Patrick’s Day fun is sure to make for a memorable ski trip.