VacationRoost’s Highlights of 2010
2010 was a tremendous year for VacationRoost. We launched a number of new sites, expanded our inventory of vacation housing across the U.S., Mexico, Canada and South America, and most recently we turned up the dial in the world of social media. The winter season is in full effect and we have many exciting projects on the horizon, making 2011 look brighter than ever.
Here are just a few of the things that made 2010 special:
1. In November VacationRoost unveiled the newly redesigned MexicanDestinations.com, which offers luxury villas and exquisite beach homes from Cabo San Lucas to the Yucatán Peninsula and every hot spot in between. The outstanding specials on Mexican Destinations recently earned it a mention in the New York Times.
2. VacationRoost brings vacation rental distribution online. The addition of real-time availability calendars and online booking tools has made arranging a vacation home as easy as booking a hotel room.
3. Mountain Reservations, a VacationRoost brand, announced a partnership with Salomon Sports to provide free ski passes to more than 30 top resorts across the nation. This unique partnership allowed skiers and boarders a great way to plan their vacation travel and try their new Salomon gear while skiing for free.
4. In March VacationRoost partnered with Park City Mountain Resort to provide a world-class central reservations solution. The program allowed VacationRoost to do what it does best: help travelers find outstanding vacation lodging at the best price. It was so successful it has since expanded to include resorts such as Telluride and Alta, with more soon to come.
5. Last summer the Book Early, Save Big campaign provided winter vacationers with great savings and specials when they planned in advance. Read more about that here and see VacationRoost’s own Troy Flagg as he takes you on a tour of Black Diamond Resort in Deer Valley.
6. Josh “Shua” Peters gave us some great eco-friendly travel advice in his blog series, “Green Travel Tips.” Each installment focused on different parts of the vacation experience and provided excellent ways to cut down on waste and lessen the footprint you leave as you travel the globe.
7. The travel industry conference PhoCusWright held this past November featured VacationRoost CEO Julian Castelli, who led a Q-and-A discussion that covered many issues concerning the vacation lodging market.
8. Thanks in part to the tremendous and overwhelming response of like-minded skiers and snowboarders, our Mountain Reservations Facebook page has surpassed 5,000 fans in little more than two months. The Facebook fan page has been a great place to showcase videos and photos from the many snow lovers within the company and across the nation.
9. The winter ski season took off with bang in 2010. A series of colossal storms rolled the West leaving a blanket of glistening white powder and record-breaking totals that warmed the heart of many a skier. Check out this great shot from Winter Park, Colorado:
10. VacationRoost launched a number of destination-specific websites to make booking the best vacation housing easier than ever. Each site provides a wealth of travel information, event calendars, specials, resort stats, and more. Here is the ever-growing list of destination sites offered by VacationRoost: